Thursday, September 23, 2010

First of Many Pages


Since I have finished painting the inside of my journal, thought I would share with you what I have added to the inside of the book. I found some older photos that I thought would be great for an art piece. This picture was of my sister in 1997 before her gastric bypass. As I stared at the photo, I couldn't help but ask, "what was she thinking about?" Knowing I wanted to do something special with it, I reflected back to class I took with Karen O'Brien and how we altered photos. I thought this would be a good photo to try some of the techniques we learned. I am very pleased the way this project turned out. Thank you sister for the inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. makes my cry to see this, but blessed by it's implications and it's resolve! oxoxox

    ReplyDelete