Saturday, November 13, 2010

Collage Class with Karen O'Brien


Ok, I am a fan of Karen's work and love the way she teaches! Mom and I took another class from Karen O'Brien today. We worked an Red Rosin paper that you can buy very cheap at Home Depot. Then we used gesso, painted, marked, mono printed, painted some more, collaged, stamped and everything else you can imagine. We learned about the different types of paints, translucent and heavy bodied, glues, gel mediums and more, learned some new things. This piece is about 17" x 24" large. It's all about layers. And layers and layers and layers....did I mention layers?? Yep, layer more and more...it takes on a life of it's own. You start off thinking what the outcome would be, but you end up with something completly different....wonderful class....thanks Karen! I look forward to the next class.

4 comments:

  1. It is as beautiful photographed as in person. I enjoyed having you and your mom's positive energy in class! karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen, it was a pleasure learning from you and I look forward to future classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being in classes with you and your mom!! You both rock and so make me laugh- looking forward to the next class as well! Hugs all around! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mel. I too, enjoy being in class with you! hugs back at ya! ;o)

    ReplyDelete